Tuesday 12 April 2011

Why PawBreak? Why not just another random Kijiji Add?

Why should you hire me to walk your best friend?

I decided to open up my own dog walking business for a few reasons.  First and foremost being I love them.  All  animals for that matter.  Dogs have always been a part of my life.  Ever since I can remember I've had a dog.  Over the years when I was a kid we had a Doberman, a Rottweiler, 2 Miniature Schnauzers, 2 Standard Schnauzers and now I have 2 Siberian Huskies.  Dogs complete a family in my opinion. You never feel alone when there is a dog around.  They make a home feel safe.  

This brings me to my next point.  There are a lot of people out there that would benefit from a dog walker but they just don't feel comfortable having someone in "their space." I know I wouldn't want just anyone I found on Kijiji in my house when I wasn't there.  So I thought to myself.  How could I make people feel like they just had a friend coming over to play with their dog while they where out.  To make someone comfortable they have to trust you.  To make someone trust you they have to know you.  I needed to ensure that my clients knew me, and not just The Dog Walker.

I started my website and had information about MY family on it.  Talking about my experiences with my pups will help with the understanding of how I am with them and how much I care about animals.  From there I thought of the BLOG.  Just because someone has to work doesn't mean they don't want to take their pup out or that they want to leave their cat.  So, I decided since today's technology makes it so easy, why not include the most important person in their (the dogs) life (YOU!) in the PawBreak!  I would love to come home to my rested pet knowing I could go online and see cute pictures of her and hear about what she did on her walk with Fiona. So my blog, Along for the PawBreak started.  The sole purpose of this BLOG is to help you feel comfortable with your new Dog Walker.  To know that she genuinely cares about your friend so much so that she will document their day so you don't miss anything!  From pictures to stories it will all be here!  I also wanted to incorporate some video for your dog loving viewing pleasure. So with permission I can also take a few videos of your friends in action so you can get the inside scoop on their PawBreak

Exercise.  This is a very important component in my life.  I believe you should sweat once a day.  It is good for your mind, your body and your soul.  Combining my love for fitness and dogs created my idea of a PawBreak.  

Throughout my blog entries I may stray from the dog walks.  I may talk about things in my life that are exciting.  This is what makes me stand out from any other dog walker.  I want you to know me.  I want you to feel comfortable allowing me into your home, to care for your pet.  After all, your home is your safe place.  I never want this to change, and I never want you to feel like someone you don't know is in your home.  This is a relationship between A Dog Walker and a Dog, but also a parent and a friend.  



1 comment: